Wednesday, January 18, 2006

From the coffee table of Kris Maulden

Hello all, I’m Kris Maulden (the slightly lighter-haired one) and I’ll be handling sections A, C, G, and K this semester. Since it’s the middle of the night and I'm watching the "Love Monkey" pilot I taped earlier tonight (it's good so far, I'd recommend watching it next Tuesday night), my introduction won’t be nearly as inventive as the one offered by the ebullient Mr. Lee, and since I’m not from Mr. Lee’s homeland of Oklahoma I don’t reflect upon my own psyche in terms of the mullet. Still, we agree on maintaining a relaxed atmosphere (you’ll notice that pretty quickly in sections) and on maintaining open, rational discussions to understand the subject matter. All viewpoints and ideas are welcome; just be sure to enter the classroom with your assignments finished and with an open mind. After all, if you expect to convince others you are right then you should be willing to allow others to persuade you as well. The finer details of our sections will be explained this week in class, and volunteering students (more on that later) and I will post questions for next week’s discussions here by Tuesday evening. Throughout the semester, I will post assignment updates and other pertinent materials on http://krismaulden.tripod.com and I suggest that you bookmark my site as well as this weblog for the semester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home