Friday, August 25, 2006

Reading question answered

From time to time as I get emails from students asking questions that other people might have, I will publish the question and the reply here as a way to get the information to anyone who needs it. I will remove the identifying information about the student.

You do need to read 1-6 of the big sections in the Indian Peoples book, but you have between now and Sept. 7 to do it. Also keep in mind that you are not trying to memorize that book, but instead to get a sense of how the family, sex, and gender worked in Native American society, and what Europeans thought about the differences.

Yours,
Jeff Pasley

At 09:20 PM 8/24/2006, you wrote:
Professor Pasley

I am a student in your lab and I was looking up the reading assignment for this week and I cannot figure out how much I am supposed to read in The Indian Peoples of Eastern America. I know that it says chapters 1-6 but there are subsections as well. So I don't know if I am supposed to read six of the subsections or six out of seven of the bigger sections. If you could email me back as soon as you have time I would greatly appreciate it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home